Wednesday, May 4, 2011

不安 (Fuan) about Japan

I've got less than two weeks to go before my trip and the longest flight of my life and I've got so much to do. Luckily I've figured out which camera gear I'm going to take. This will be the longest I've been away from my wife and family and I'm going to miss them terribly. This is why it was so important for me to get the iPad 2 for the ability to Skype while keeping the weight of my equipment down.

The trip will last 12 days and the major destinations are Tokyo and Kyoto. I will be posting as often as I can to keep friends and family updated throughout the trip about my adventures and travels and hope to create some amazing images. This will be the first time I'll have the unrestricted ability to photograph so I'll be looking to push my own boundaries and go outside of my own comfort zones. I'm also challenging myself by not using a laptop and relying only on my iPad 2 for editing images and posting to the blog. The two apps I plan to use are Photogene for iPad and Blogpress.

Here are some of the places we will visit on the trip:

  • Tokyo
    • Imperial Palace
    • Hibiya Park
    • Imperial Palace Hotel
    • Ginza
    • Akihabara
    • Edo-Tokyo Museum & Asaksua distric visit
    • All-Day Tour – Mt. Fuji
    • Tokyo Giants baseball game
  • Kyoto
    • Sake Brewery
    • General touring, zen gardens and temples
Check back here in the coming weeks for updates.