Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bring it!

So yesterday was Winter Carnival at the University of Maine and I had the wonderful opportunity of photographing the entire event. I packed everything I thought I would need for the day: 
This part can't be THAT important...right?

  • Camera - check
  • Batteries - check
  • Memory Cards - check
  • Flash - check
  • Tripod for Fireworks - check
Hooray! I've got everything I need to have a wonderfully fun photo-filled day with the family at the U... or do I? Well it seems I forgot one important little piece of the tripod puzzle. Since I was using my backup camera, I forgot to check to see if I had a quick release plate, which is the part that actually attaches the camera body to the tripod head. I must have like seven of these things laying about in my office! Long story short, no fireworks pictures for me and tough lesson learned. : (  Check, double check and TRIPLE check that you have everything you need for your outing.