Monday, March 28, 2011

Please, make yourself comfortable.

Have you ever seen a picture of someone that obviously didn't want their picture taken or gave a forced smile? That never happens, right? Well I believe that people that are most "photogenic" are the ones that relax and are natural in front of the camera and don't just act it.

Want better images? Relax, have fun. The camera looks both ways so if you as the photographer are stressed and anxious, the images are going to suffer for it.

Should I let you in on my little secret? Shhh, let's keep this between us. Ok, well my big secret is... I love to make people laugh. Phew, that's a relief. I've been known to make jokes even at inappropriate times but that's just who I am and how I deal with stress, even if the joke is at my own expense. Laughing is healthy and it also makes for a great natural image.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you:
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox
So brush up on your jokes and put on a happy face! I'll get you started:

  • The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera!
  • How does Santa Claus take pictures?
    With his North Polearoid.
  • A fellow bought a Labrador puppy from the pet store and named him Kodak.
    That way he could say he owned a Kodak lab.