Monday, August 30, 2010

Non-existent AT&T iPhone Service in Bangor, ME

Let me start off by saying that my iPhone 3GS is probably the best portable electronics device that I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of them. The 3GS is a dream come true in terms of functionality and productivity except that the AT&T service in the greater Bangor area renders its communication capabilities useless. There are as many dead spots on I-95 as there are good ones. The Edge network works slower than dial-up in most cases if at all. Basically, most of the time I feel like I grossly overpaid for an iPod Touch and I keep getting nailed $30 a month for a phantom 3G network that I'll never be able to use. Even if only the phone service worked well, I think I'd be happy with the service overall since I have plenty of access to wifi. Instead, I'll be eagerly awaiting the Verizon version of the iPhone this coming January so I can finally get some work done on the road.

Rant over.


- Posted from my iPad